People feared that weakening a 21-year-old ban on the sale of ivory would encourage illegal hunting and hurt elephant populations.
【分析】that 引导宾语从句，从句中谓语动词是encourage和hurt，根据逻辑意义，可知encourage和hurt 的主语是动名词短语weakening a 21-year-old ban on the sale of ivory。
2. Whether you get along well with your professors or not has a huge effect on your self growth as it is a measure of how well you can respect authority and obey requirements.
【分析】此句为复合句，句中whether引导主语从句，as 引导原因状语从句，how well 引导从句作介词of 的宾语。
3. Some companies have made the manufacturing of clean and safe products, to some degree, their main selling points and emphasize it in their advertising.
【分析】其实本句是一个“主语+谓语+宾语+宾语补足语”句型“make+ 宾语 + 宾补”，即“使……成为……”，只不过宾语和宾补被“to some degree”隔开而已。
4. The fact that members of one culture do not express their emotions as openly as do members of another does not mean that they do not experience emotions.
【分析】本句的主干为The fact does not mean that ...，其中，that they do not experience emotions 是从句作mean 的宾语。
1、People feared that weakening a 21-year-old ban on the sale of ivory would encourage illegal hunting and hurt elephant populations.
2、Economists from the University of Sussex analysed findings from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, a 15-year research project charting the fortunes of a group of thousands of teenagers who attended high schools in the US in the mid-1990s.
3、Whether you get along well with your professors or not has a huge effect on your self growth as it is a measure of how well you can respect authority and obey requirements.
4、Some companies have made the manufacturing of clean and safe products, to some degree, their main selling points and emphasize it in their advertising.
5、The fact that members of one culture do not express their emotions as openly as do members of another does not mean that they do not experience emotions.
6、Perhaps the best sign of how computer and internet use pushes up demand for paper comes from the high-tech industry itself, which sees printing as one of its most promising new market.
7、The action group has also found acceptable paper made from materials other than wood, such as agricultural waste.
8、Newton is shown as a gifted scientist with very human weaknesses who stood at the point in history where magic ended and science began.
9、They had no connection with the outside world for more than a thousand years, giving them plenty of time to build more than 1000 huge stone figures, called moat, for which the island is most famous.
10、He had realized that the words:“one of six to eight”under the first picture in the book connected the hare in some way to Katherine of Aragon, the first of Henry VIII’s six wives.
51. News reports say peace talks between the two countries have broken down with no agreement reached.
简析：关键词break down失败，reach an agreement达成协议。
52. The old couple have been married for 40 years and never once have they quarreled with each other.
53. After all, Ed’s idea of exercise has always been nothing more effort-making than lifting a fork to his mouth.
54.As a result , at the point in our game when I’d have figured on (predicted) the score to be about 9 to 1 in my favor , it was instead 7 to 9 — and Ed was leading.
简析：关键词figure on预计，估计;in one’s favor对某人有利。
55.So when Ed arrived for our game not only with the bottom of his shirt gathered inside his trousers but also with a stomach you could hardly notice , I was so surprised that I was speechless , my cousin must have made an effort to get himself into shape .
简析：含有not only…but also…及so…that…的句型结构，must have P.P表示对过去事实的推测。
56.In a way , I think we both won : I the game , but cousin Ed my respect.
57. It is said in Australia there is more land than the government knows what to do with it.
58. The research is so designed that once begun nothing can be done to change it.
59. The mother didn’t know who to blame for the broken glass as it happened while she was out.
简析：关键词be to blame受责备。
60.When I was in the army I received an intelligence test that all soldiers took, and , against an average of 100 , scored 160.
61.We didn’t plan our art exhibition like that but it worked out very well
简析：关键词work out 结果是……
62. The home improvements have taken what little there is of my spare time .
简析：句型结构little of的用法，例We see very little of our children (we do not see them often) now that they are grown up.孩子们已经长大了，所以我们现在很少见到他们。
63. Having suffered such heavy pollution already, it may now be too late to clean up the river.
64. Most believe the footprints are nothing more than ordinary animal tracks , which had been made larger as they melted and refroze in the snow.
简析：关键词nothing more than only。
65. But if they ever succeed in catching one, they may face a real problem: would they put it in a zoo or give it a room in a hotel?
66. With production up by 60%, the company has had another excellent year.
67. The WTO cannot live up to its name if it dose not include a country that is home to one fifth of mankind.
简析：关键词live up to one’s name 名副其实。
68. It is the ability to do the job that matters not where you come from or what you are.
简析：强调句型It is +强调部分+that / who+从句。
69. How could I ever get him to finish unloading the car without screaming at me and making a scene in front of the other girls, who I would have to spend the rest of the year with?
简析：关键词make a scene 大吵大闹，出洋相。
70.Dad’s face turned decidedly less red before he could bring out a “yes”.
71. Soon I heard a sound like that of a door burst in , and then a climb of feet.
72. Father took the still smoking pistol from my hand, and fired another shot, which killed the gorilla.
简析：关键词fire another shot 又开了一枪。
73.It happened that father had sent us upstairs because he thought he would be able to lock the door—which was twenty feet away—before the animal reached it.
简析：句型结构It happened that…事情发生是这样的…
74. He certainly looked the part all right, he thought, as he admired himself in the mirror.
75. He put his head in his hands and tried to remember his lines, but nothing came to his mind.
简析：迂回表达nothing came to his mind=He remembered nothing.
76. In fact the more he watched the play, the more he felt himself part of it.
简析：句型结构the more…the more…越…越…
77. Instead she took a short walk in a park nearby and came home, letting herself in through the back door.
简析：分词短语letting herself in 作状语。
78. She settled down to wait and see what would happen.
简析：关键词settle down to do sth 静下心来做…
79. Picking up the kettle of boiling water, she moved quietly towards the door.
80. A sharp cry was heard outside as the wire fell to the floor and the hand was pulled back, which was followed by the sound of running feet.
81. It wasn’t long before the police caught the thief.
简析：句型结构It wasn’t long before+从句，很快就…
82. Then, I noticed a tall man by the door, carrying something covered with brown paper.
83. Turning to my next customer, I was terrified to see a gun stuck out of his coat.
84.“Smith!” the manager cried out in a voice like thunder “None of your excuses! Go start work at once! ”
85. Waiting above the crowded streets, on top of a building 110 stories high, was Philippe Pettit.
86. Philippe took his first step with great care. The wire held Now he was sure he could do it.
简析：关键词hold (vi) 承受。
87.And thousands of terrified(badly frightened)watchers stared with their hearts beating fast.
88. Already she does many things a human being can do.
89. She even enjoys watching television before going to bed.
90. The measure of a man’s real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.
91.Thirty years after being introduced to McCauley’s words, they still seem to me the best yardstick(准绳), because they give us a way to measure ourselves rather than others.
简析：关键词introduce引见，例：Let me introduce you to the pleasures of wine-tasting让我给你说说品酒的乐趣。
92. Few of us are asked to make great decisions about nations going to war or armies going to battle, but all of us are called upon daily to make a great many personal decisions.
93. Here’s a fellow who just walks into a bank and helps himself to so much money.
简析：help oneself to擅自拿走。
94. Todd thought of the difficulty with which he managed to get the amount of money he needed to start his gas station.
95. Don’t pick up strangers and all your folks in gas stations better not do service to a white Ford car.
96. “Fill her up”, the man said sounding like any other driver.
简析：关键词sound like 听起来像…
97. It seemed that there was no suitable work for him.
98. But when John and his fellow soldier came in sight some of the people watching couldn’t help laughing at the one who couldn’t keep pace with the others as they march along.
简析：句子结构较复杂，关键词keep pace with 与…步伐一致。
99. They not only make it difficult to sleep at night, but they are doing damage to our houses and shops of historical interest.
简析：句型结构not only…but (also) …不仅…而且…
100. Hary also studying biology said they wanted to make as much noise as possible to force the government officials to realize what everybody was having to stand.
1. What others think you think and what you think they think you think.
前半句：主语others,谓语think,宾语think you think(what),该宾语从句省掉引导词that；
后半句：主语you,谓语：think,宾语they think you think(what),这个宾语从句里又包含另一个宾语从句you think----是（they)think的宾语,其中宾语从句前都省掉引导词that.
2. She has wanted to become a nurse ever since she was a young girl.
主句：主语she,谓语has wanted(现在完成时),宾语to become a nurse(不定式短语充当) ；
从句：ever since不充当句子成分 ,可看作先行词,从句主语she,谓语was,表语a young girl.整个从句充当主句的状语.
1、First put forward by the French mathematician Pierre de Format in the seventeenth century，the theorem had baffled and beaten the finest mathematical minds.
including a French woman scientist who made a major advance in working out the problem，and who had to dress like a man in order to be able to study at the Ecolab polytechnique.
2、It is difficult to measure the quantity of paper used as a result of use of Internet-connected computers.
although just about anyone who works in an office can tell you that when e-mail is introduced，the printers start working overtime. That is，the growing demand for paper in recent years is largely due to the increased use of the Internet.
3、Perhaps the best sign of how computer and internet use pushes up demand for paper comes from the high-tech industry itself，which sees printing as one of its most promising new market.
4、The action group has also found acceptable paper made from materials other than wood，such as agricultural waste.
5、Mostly borrowed from English and Chinese，these terms are often changed into forms no longer understood by native speakers.
6、It is one of many language books that are now flying off booksellers’shelves.
7、The mass media and government white papers play an important part in the spread of foreign words.
简析：关键词the mass media and government white papers大众传播媒介和政府白皮书（正式报告）。
8、Tales from Animal Hospital will delight all fans of the programme and anyone who was a lively interest in their pet，whether it be a cat、dog or snake！
9、Newton is shown as a gifted scientist with very human weaknesses who stood at the point in history where magic ended and science began.
10、But for all the texts that are written，stored and sent electronically，a lot of them are still ending up on paper.
holding…water, and keeping…body整体作伴随状语。
①as near to the far bank as she could get是as…as…结构，其中的名词bank的意思是“河岸”，the far bank直译是“远离自己一侧的河岸”即“对岸”，near to the far bank的意思当然就是“靠近对岸”。
③ 题主对and keeping…body的翻译问题困惑的关键在于对against意思的理解上。其实，介词against除了通常常见的“反对，与…相反，违反”外，还有一个常用的意思“紧靠，背靠背贴在…上，倚”。
and keeping the calf pressed against her huge body